Thursday, April 16, 2009

Myspace, Facebook & what it call comes down to

When I worked at Colonial Youth & Family Services and we had a new member, I would encourage the new person joining the group to say a little about themselves. Of course, that person would start off shy but before we knew it we knew everything from what they ate last Friday for lunch to their favorite anime character that week. As TSD knows, those kids are quite talkative...

Anyway...what's my point and how does it relate to my Facebook and Myspace experiences? People love to talk about themselves. Don't disagree...you love to, too. These two social networking sites are just prime examples of my EXCELLENT THEORY (I kid, I kid)

I've been to the MMSCL Facebook. I dig it but I don't frequent it. I keep my Facebook/Myspace profiles private and for non-work related aspects of my life. I just choose to keep it separate but I am a fan of the page. At any rate, on my personal networking sites, I showcase ME. My tattoo's, artwork, AWESOME MUSIC TASTE and of course my nephew 'cause well...he's cute. I like Facebook the best mostly because I find it more user friendly and more organized. Plus, it makes me look more mature because I can't add any glitter comments. I'm joking, obviously. I guess I just generally like it better than Myspace because I find that Facebook allows more networking on a professional/educational level. I think that makes sense....I hope that makes sense...I blogged a lot tonight.

What it all boils down to is this: I love social networking sites. I love telling people what I am doing, sharing pictures, sharing my art/latest tattoo and keeping in touch with people. When my boyfriend and I started dating, I loved nothing more than seeing "In a relationship with____" and his name in clickable link format. Ah, the little things. He thinks I'm a nerd.

All that being said, I think it's super funny that I am so anti-twitter because that's just another outlet, is it not? I guess we all draw the line somewhere and mine came in the form of a 'tweet' and being limited to 140 characters. I did, however...quote one of my favorite books on twitter. Take a look. I love it. I also have another quote from that book tattooed on my back. Neato.

No comments:

Post a Comment